CHKDSK – Check Disk for errors in Windows 10/7
Check Disk Utility or chkdsk.exe is a tool in Windows 10, which explores damage to the disks. This tool is automatically activated when the computer is faced with a sudden shutdown, or detects a corrupted file system. In a few cases, this tool is recommended to run, but in other cases, Windows itself runs it, depending on the nature of the error. CHKDSK scans the disk capacity and verifies that the file system integrity has not been compromised – and if it detects any logical errors, it fixes them. Let’s look at how to use CHKDSK tool to check and repair the hard disk in Windows 10/8/7.
error checking and recovery of broken sectors on the disk
What is it checks this tool? Quite simply, it checks in 5 stages, verification of the underlying file system structure, check the file name links, verifying security descriptors, search for bad clusters in the user data files, check for bad and free clusters format defined commands. command line similar to the chkdsk [Drive,] [options] and has the form chkdsk c, / f / r / x Pay attention that the specified local drive C ,, if you need to check the hard drive completely, then remove the C, and the team will look like this chkdsk / f / r / x . If you need to check and restore the flash drive, then type the letter instead of the volume C ,. Let’s delve more into the advanced options that are very much can help to correct errors on your hard drive
- Open a command prompt as administrator and type chkdsk C,. / F / r / x for the hard disk scan for errors, and then press Enter
- C -. The local disk or volume that you want to check. If you want to check the entire hard disk for errors, simply type the command chkdsk / f / r / x
- / f – Corrects the errors that he detects
- / r -. Look for bad sectors and restores them
- / x -. Performs volume off before inspection, if this is necessary.
- I have brought more significant team just one, but you can see additional commands by typing on the command line chkdsk /? .
ol> < / p>